Table of Contents
What is ASP. NET?
ASP. NET is a framework developed by Microsoft which builds web-based applications using the programming language. ASP. NET was released in the year 2002 and it supports various operating systems such as Mac OS, Windows, Linux and many more.
ASP. NET is licensed under the Apache license 2.0 version. ASP. NET is an open-source framework that helps developers in creating various web-based apps and services. It is constructed by common language runtime, library and language. Many programming languages such as C#, C++, VB, .Net supports ASP. NET, because of the programs of ASP. NET is mainly carried out by CLI ( Common Language Infrastructure) and CLR ( Common Language Runtime).
ASP. NET is also a main part of the Dotnet framework. The main feature of ASP. NET is it can be even combined into other non-Microsoft based versions. Now we are using ASP. NETs 4.6 version. One of the components, CLR in ASP. NET performs exception handling and garbage collection. ASP. NET improves the performance of a specific application by caching those pages. ASP. NET works with the standard HTTP protocol. ASP. NET also contains additional tools to build web apps and websites. Now, ASP. NET has the latest cross-platform version which is called ASP. NET Core.
What is C#?
C- sharp (C#) is a programming language. It is designed and developed with good features by Microsoft. This programming language was licensed under General Public Licence (GPL), and it is developed in the year 2000. It is also a compliant language of CLS.
Even though C# is developed by Microsoft, it is later standardized by ECMA. It is a basic programming language used for the programming of games. C# mainly works well for desktop apps. It even supplies the best features like lambda expressions, null value types etc. C# is very productive and it is much faster and easier when compared to other programming languages. It has an automatic garbage collecting feature as well.
The current version of C# is 7.2 and lot similar to Java, and it is even easier to learn. Anyone can easily learn C#. C# is used to develop both desktop and web applications. C# has high memory backup and the cost of maintenance is very less when compared to other programming languages. Since C# has a huge library, it can provide high-level functionality. So, C# is a best of best programming language. We can develop window applications, database applications, web applications, distributed and web service applications with the assistance of C#.
Difference Between ASP. NET and C#
- ASP. NET is developed by Microsoft, but C# is standardized by ECMA
- ASP. NET has features such as page state, session state. Whereas C# has various features like a standard library, automatic garbage collection, generics, lambda expressions, and Boolean conditions.
- ASP. NET is an open-source framework, whereas C# is a programming language.
- ASP. NET is used in developing web-based applications, meanwhile, C# is used in developing ASP. NET applications.
- ASP. NET has various forms of components like Windows Communication Foundation, Metadata and Assemblies, Common Language Specification, Common Type System etc. But, C# is used as a client language to use these components. ASP. NET is developed by Microsoft, but C# is standardized by ECMA
Comparison Between ASP. NET and C#
|Parameters of Comparison
|ASP. NET is licensed under Apache 2.0
|C# is licensed under GPL
|Microsoft, Linux are supported by ASP. NET
|Almost all types of operating systems are supported by C#
|It is an open source framework
|C# is a programming language
|ASP. NET is a library of code
|C# is a compliant language of CLS
|ASP. NET is developed by Microsoft
|C# is developed by Microsoft