Table of Contents
What is Altima?
Nissan Altima is a five-seat passenger and suits perfectly for a family car. This car has superb handling and performance, which are its prime draws. The hallmark of the Altima is its power. The Altima is a zip whip in the presentation department. Altima’s first gen was launched in 1993(U13), and the most recent model was established in 2019 6th gen(L34). It consists of a 175 hp engine, a standard 3.5-liter.
The transmission option includes a non-automatic, 6-speed version, or a much more favored constantly variable transmission. It’s upon the customer’s choice as the former is notoriously tricky to work. As estimated from a family sedan, the Nissan Altima provides ample room for the average class. The recent class 2010 release contains a better sound system, upgraded accouterments, and GPRS navigation. It gives a mileage of 20 miles per gallon. The cost of this sedan car ranges from $20,000 to $30,000. The generations of Nissan Altima are:
- 1993-1997 1st Gen(U13)
- 1998-2001 2nd Gen(L30)
- 2002-2004 3rd Gen(L31)
- 2005-2006 3rd Gen(L31)Facelift
- 2007-2009 4th Gen(L32)
- 2010-2012 4th Gen(L32)Facelift
- 2013-2015 5th Gen(L33)
- 2016-2018 5th Gen(L33)Facelift
- 2019-Now 6th Gen(L34)
What are Maxima?
The Nissan Maxima’s newest model, the 8th generation, was released in 2019. Tagged initially as the Datsun 810, it was newly named maxima in the early 1980s. It is a mid-size sedan with a V6 engine 3.5-liter, front-wheel front-wheel drive, and the engine pumps 290 hp. Nissan Maxima comes with continuous Variable Transmission, called CVT short. Maxima is more spacious and has more room in comparison to Altima. The basic model of the Maxima has safety features, and it is standard amenities.
The model consists of multiple entertainment options, safety, and navigation options. Highlights include an iPod interface, a rear-view camera, a Bose speaker system, and a voice navigation system. It has a sturdy suspension in comparison to others of its type. Nissan Maxima gives mileage ranging from 9.2 liters per 100 km to 10.9 liters per 100 km.
Maxima was re-launched in the year 2021 by Nissan. The motto was to deliver maximum performance.
Currently, Maxima is in its 8th generation. These are-
- 1984-1984 1st Gen(G910)
- 1985-1988 2nd Gen(PU11)
- 1989-1994 3rd Gen(J30)
- 1995-1996 4th Gen(A32)
- 1997-1999 4th Gen(A32)Facelift
- 2000-2001 5th Gen(A32B)
- 2002-2003 5th Gen(A32B)Facelift
- 2007-2008 6th Gen(A32)Facelift
- 2009-2011 7th Gen(A35)
- 2012-2014 7th Gen(A35)Facelift
- 2016-2018 8th Gen(A36)
- 2019-Now 8th Gen(A36)Facelift.
Difference Between Altima and Maxima
- Nissan Altima is known best for its efficiency; on the other hand, Nissan Maxima is known best for its performance.
- Altima can choose a 6-speed non-automatic transmission; meanwhile, Nissan Maxima comes with a continuously variable transmission.
- Altima provides good fuel economy with a 4-cylinder engine. On the other hand, Maxima’s fuel economy is terrible compared to the Altima.
- Nissan Altima has 4 cylinder engine, which is a 3.5-liter that pumps 175hp, whereas Maxim’s standard model is a V6 engine with a 3.5-liter that pumps 290hp.
- Altima is more spacious, has roomy interiors, and is more luxurious than Maxima.
Comparison Between Altima and Maxima
|Parameters of comparison||Altima||Maxima|
|Details||Nissan Altima is known best for its efficiency.||Nissan Maxima is known best for its performance.|
|Color||Deep Blue Pearl, Super Black, Glacier White, Scarlet Ember Tintcoat, Pearl White Tricoat.||Gun Metallic, Carnelian Red Tintcoat, Brilliant Silver Metallic, Sunset Drift ChromaFlair.|
|Engine||Altima comes with 4- a cylinder standard engine.||It derives a 3.5 liter DOHC V6 engine|
|Fuel economy||Nissan Altima provides excellent fuel economy with a 4-cylinder engine.||Nissan Maxima’s fuel economy is terrible in comparison to Altima|
|Re-launch year||It was re-launched in the year 2021.||It was re-launched in 2021.|