Table of Contents
What is Adderall?
Adderall is a steroid with a short half-life. It should be used numerous times a day because the drug’s effects wear off fast. Adderall is a prescribed drug that combines the effects of two drugs: amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. Adderall is a psychotropic substance.
It is the first line of treatment for ADHD (Attention Deficiency Hyperactivity Disorder) and narcolepsy (sleep deprivation). Adderall has been shown in studies to increase attention, focus, and decrease impulse control. Adderall improves narcolepsy-related daytime wakefulness.
Because Adderall is a restricted substance, it can lead to psychological or physical dependence. It might lead to drug overuse and abuse, and the government controls prescriptions and distribution. To receive the drug, a prescription from a licenced physician is required.
Adderall is a long-term medicine. The doctor monitors the patients at frequent intervals to wean them off the medicine and the symptoms that come with it. If the symptoms return, the drug is re-prescribed.
Taking Adderall may result in minor or serious negative effects. The following are some of the negative effects:
- Mouth feeling dry
- Sleeplessness or a headache
- Loss of weight
The adverse effects are temporary and only last a few weeks. A trip to the hospital is required if they are serious.
What is Adderall XR?
Adderall XR is a sedative for the nerve cells (CNS). It’s an ADHD treatment that comes in the form of an oral capsule (Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). The medicine affects the brain’s norepinephrine and dopamine levels. As a result, the patient is able to focus, stay on target, and handle behavioral difficulties.
Adderall XR is indeed an extended-release medication that takes four hours to take action. Adderall XR is just a prescription-only ADHD medication for adults and children aged six and above. Adderall XR isn’t really a stand-alone ADHD therapy.
ADHD can be managed with a combination of psychological, social, and educational therapies. At regular intervals, the patients are transferred from Adderall to Adderall XR. The doctor monitors and adjusts this switch on a regular basis.
Some doctors recommend removing the beads from the Adderall XR pill and eating them with any soft meal. Adderall XR is not influenced by meal consumption, according to the prescription. The medicine should be taken at the same time and in the same dose every time.
There are a few negative effects of Adderall XR that the patient should be aware of:
- The stimulant may have an effect on the child’s growth.
- Patients who have had seizures in the past should avoid using this drug.
- Because of the medicine, you may get blurry vision.
- It may cause problems with blood circulation.
Difference Between Adderall and Adderall XR
- Adderall comes in the form of oral medication. Adderall XR comes in the form of an oral pill.
- Adderall is a steroid with a rapid onset of action. Adderall XR is a long-acting stimulant.
- The maximal amount of Adderall in the blood takes roughly four hours to attain. The greatest amount of Adderall XR inside the blood takes around seven hours to reach.
- Adderall must be taken many times throughout the day. Adderall XR can all be taken with just one pill.
- Adults and children aged three and up can use Adderall. Adults and children aged six and above should take Adderall XR.
Comparison Between Adderall and Adderall XR
|Parameters of Comparison||Adderall||Adderall XR|
|Type||Adderall is a stimulant with a rapid onset of action.||Adderall XR is a long-acting stimulant.|
|Dosage||It needs to be taken numerous times during the day.||A one dose per day is adequate.|
|Effect||Adderall’s effects continue for 4-6 hours.||Adderall XR has a 12-hour duration of action.|
|Form||Adderall comes in the form of an oral tablet.||Adderall XR comes in the form of an oral pill.|
|Age||Adults and children aged 3 and up are administered Adderall.||Adults and children aged 6 and above are prescribed Adderall XR.|