Table of Contents
What is Pen Drive?
Pen drive is another term used to refer to a small, portable device used to store and transfer data. It is called a pen drive because it is shaped like a pen and is small enough to fit in a pocket or on a keychain. Pen drives are small enough to fit in a pocket or on a keychain, and they use a USB connector to connect to devices. They are a convenient and portable way to store and transfer data.
Typically, they range from 4GB to 256 GB. They use non-volatile memory, which means that the data stored on them is retained even when the device is not connected to a power source. They are also relatively inexpensive compared to other storage devices, such as hard drives or solid-state drives.
What is Flash Drive?
A flash drive is a compact, portable storage device that stores data in flash memory. It is commonly used to move data from one computer to another and store and retrieve files on a personal computer. Flash drives are tiny enough to put in a pocket or on a keychain, making them convenient to carry around with you.
Flash drives are also recognized for their huge storage capacity and quick data transmission rates. They come in a variety of capacities ranging from a few gigabytes to several terabytes, allowing users to store a wide variety of items such as documents, images, music, and video. They are also long-lasting, with most types resistant to water and stress, making them suitable for usage in a range of settings.
What is Thumb Drive?
A thumb drive, commonly known as a USB flash drive, is a compact, portable data storage, and transmission device. A thumb drive is so named because it is tiny enough to fit on your thumb and is portable. Thumb drives are a rapid and handy way to transfer huge amounts of data from one computer to another.
Thumb drives have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their ease of use and high storage capacity. They are available in various sizes and can hold anywhere from a few gigabytes to several terabytes of data. Thumb drives are also very durable and can withstand being dropped or exposed to water.
Difference Between Pen Drive and Flash Drive, and Thumb Drive
- Pen drives are a type of storage drive that is specifically shaped like a pen; flash drive is a broader term that refers to any device that stores data; thumb drives are a specific type of flash drive that is small and portable.
- Pen drives are more expensive; flash drives may have average or higher prices; thumb drives are not so expensive.
- Pen drives are larger in size; flash drives can be of various sizes; thumb drives are known for their smallness.
- Pen drives are shaped like that a pen; flash drives come in multiple shapes; a thumb drive is named for being the size of a thumb.
- Pen drives are older in history; flash drives have a long story of usage; thumb drive is relatively new in comparison.
Comparison Between Pen Drive and Flash Drive and Thumb Drive
|Parameters of Comparison||Pen Drive||Flash Drive||Thumb Drive|
|Definition||Particular Storage Device||General Term for Portable Storage Devices||Specific Storage Device|
|Price||Expensive||Varying Prices||Not Expensive|
|Size||Larger||Available in Many Sizes||Smaller|
|Shape||Long & Flat Shaped||Available in Multiple Shapes||Like the Shape of a Thumb|