Table of Contents
What is AVG?
AVG is a well-known software developed by the most renowned AVG technologies. The most common feature of this AVG package is its ability to identify and remove malicious prudently. AVG is hailed as one of the favorite software packages due to its user-friendly interface and excellent customer support services. It is also a preferred choice among users as it protects more than one device at a low cost.
Apart from the free version available, AVG tends to offer different levels of packages with varying inclusive features. AVG Internet Security and AVG Ultimate packages are the two most fan-based options available in the market. Features like ‘PrivacyFix’ and ‘File Shredder’ add to the list of innovative packages offered by AVG.
AVG is also quite comparable with high-end and premium brands of antivirus in the software industry. Also, it doesn’t cause a system slowdown because the smart sleep mode will only scan your device when your computer is inactive.
What is Avira?
Avira is owned and operated by a German Company named Avira Free Security Solution. These software packages are mostly used by people to secure their digital services. Just like AVG, Avira too provides both free and paid plans. Its personalized firewall settings inserted in the software packages are quite appreciated among the customers. Moreover, the packages named Avira Free Security provide much better protection to the device than other free options available in the market.
Apart from the free version Avira also offers paid suits, for instance, Avira Prime, Avira Internet Security. Each package is set up with different features and security protocols. Avira stands as a trusted developer developing security tools for home and business needs.
With time Avira has been able to increase the number of antiviruses installed in a short period. There’s a useful PC tune-up tool to help you speed up your system and their ‘Virus Lab’ teaches you everything you need to know about the malware threats
Difference Between AVG and Avira
- The pricing points of each of the software packages are widely diverse. AVG suites are more cheaply priced. It tends to offer value-for-money bundles. While Avira offers tend to hedge on the upper side of the price range.
- The performance provided by AVG suites is superior to Avira. AVG software packages are granted the coveted “Advanced+” award. While Avira could achieve the second most winning honor in the category of obtaining the ‘Advanced’ award.
- Avira provides its users with a personalized firewall. On the other hand, Avira does not provide its users with such personalization.
- The two antivirus software programs also differ in terms of packages offered by both of them to their users. Apart from the availability of free versions, Avira has more suites in the market like Avira Prime, Avira Internet Security, and Avira Antivirus Pro. On the other hand, AVG has fewer suites like AVG Internet Security and AVG Ultimate in the market.
- In terms of malware protection, it can be seen that Avira progressively provides better protection than AVG.
Comparison Between AVG and Avira
|Parameters of Comparison||AVG||Avira|
|Features||AVG catalog does not offer exciting features.||While Avira’s catalog of features is quite exciting and innovative.|
|User-friendly Interface||AVG interface seems to be more user-friendly and is quite easier to navigate.||While Avira still offers an old-school feeling-like interface.|
|Malware Protection||AVG has the ability to trap and clean the malware during the full scan.||However, Avira lacks malware protection.|
|Pricing||AVG antivirus software is very cost-effective.||But, the packages offered by Avira are not so cost-effective.|
|Customer Feedback||The customer reviews for the services provided by AVG are excellent.||While the customer reviews for the services provided by Avira are good.|