Table of Contents
What is Android TV?
Android TV is a version of the Android operating system developed by Google for digital media players, set-top boxes, soundbars, and TVs. It is available on many devices, including TVs, streaming media players, game consoles, and media players.
Android TV is based on the Android mobile operating system but is optimized for large-screen devices such as TVs. It includes a user interface designed for larger screens, allowing users to access content from multiple sources.
Android TV provides access to a variety of content, including movies, TV shows, music, and live TV. It supports voice-enabled search, allowing users to quickly find content using voice commands. In addition to streaming content, Android TV also supports gaming.
What is WebOS?
WebOS is an operating system developed by Palm, Inc., and now owned by HP, that is used to run a range of mobile devices, including smartphones, tablets, and the HP Touchpad.
WebOS is designed to be easy to use and intuitive and is designed to work well with a variety of different devices, to provide a consistent experience across devices. One of the key features of WebOS is its card-based multitasking system. This allows users to quickly switch between tasks, such as opening a web page, checking email, or using an app, without having to close one before opening the other.
WebOS also offers a range of cloud services, allowing users to easily sync their data across multiple devices.
What is Tizen?
Tizen is a Linux-based open-source operating system for mobile devices and other consumer electronics. Tizen is based on open-source technologies such as Linux, WebKit, and D-Bus, and is designed to be device-independent, allowing developers to create applications that can be deployed across multiple platforms.
Tizen has several advantages over other mobile operating systems. It is designed to be device-independent, allowing developers to create applications that can be deployed across multiple platforms.
Overall, Tizen is an open-source operating system that provides a secure and efficient platform for developers to create applications that can be deployed across multiple platforms. It is designed to be highly efficient and secure, making it an attractive choice for developers looking to create mobile applications.
Difference Between Android TV, WebOS and Tizen
- Android TV is a platform for TV manufacturers to build their own set top boxes, WebOS is a platform for LG Smart TVs and Tizen is a platform for Samsung Smart TVs.
- Android TV has access to the Google Play Store, WebOS has access to the LG Smart World store and Tizen has access to the Samsung App Store.
- Android TV has access to a wide range of content sources such as Netflix, YouTube, Google Play Movies, and TV, WebOS has access to LG’s own content sources and Tizen has access to Samsung’s content sources.
- Android TV has access to Google Assistant, WebOS has access to the LG Smart ThinQ Voice and Tizen has access to the Bixby Voice.
- Android TV has access to Google’s extensive security features, WebOS has access to LG’s security features and Tizen has access to Samsung’s security features.
- Android TV is regularly updated with the latest features, WebOS is regularly updated with LG’s own features and Tizen is regularly updated with the latest Samsung features.
Comparison Between Android TV, WebOS and Tizen
|Parameters of Comparison||Android TV||WebOS||Tizen|
|Operating system||Android OS||WebOS||Tizen OS|
|User Interface||user-friendly UI||more intuitive and simple UI||unique and intuitive interface|
|App Support||wide range of apps available on the Google Play Store||supports a limited number of apps||has an app store with a wide range of apps|
|Connectivity||supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and HDMI connections||supports Wi-Fi and HDMI||supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB connections|
|Remote Control||has a remote control with voice search||has a simple remote with limited features||has a more powerful remote control with various features|