Table of Contents
What is Akita?
Akita is a type of dog breed which are highly intelligent and dangerous by nature. They are so strong that people in ancient times used this dog to hunt bears and deer. Their appearance is like heavy-boned Spitz types. Due to their highly intelligent they are not that difficult to train. They have a dense coat.Akita doesn’t bark without any reason.
This breed is fast in learning new things. These breeds sometimes like to stay independent which leads to doing stupid things, they are meant for indoors.
Their lifespan is about 10 to 14 years. They like to stay clean and hygienic. They shed too much in the autumn season.This breed is loved by all dogs lover because these breeds always protect the owner from any threat. Akita is well known for his loyalty towards there owner.
What is Husky?
Husky is a type of breed which are highly energetic and strong. These breeds are known for a polar region where people used them as sled dogs. Husky is not that intelligent, they are average which makes them very difficult for a trainer to train them. This breed’s life span is about 12 to 15 years.
Without any training or exercise, they can be destructive. Most of them are friendly with other dogs if they are socialized. They can make large verities of sound and they love to howl, their howling can be heard up to 15 km away. Putting these breeds in a cage often leads to physical symptoms like restlessness, diarrhea, etc. This breeds when they get old they start seeking attention at midnight at 3 am. Huskies are not good at indoors.
Huskies are even-tempered and friendly with many people. They are suitable for outdoor as they seek for digging and they like to chew things.
Difference Between Akita and Husky
- Akita does not require a lot of exercise but husky does.
- Akita must be kept close to the family and must be socialized well from the beginning but husky are more for outside and working like a coo hound or beagle.
- Akita are aggressive and likes to stay independent which sometimes does stupid things husky have a temperament far better suited for harmony on a dog team.
- Akita breeds (70 to 130) are heavier than husky breeds (45 to 60).
- Akita breeds are aggressive and territorial whereas Husky are even-tempered and friendly with most people.
- Akita breed (58 to 70 cm) sizes are larger than husky breed (50 to 60cm)
- Akita breeds if they are trained well stay calm and silent, usually, they don’t bark unnecessarily but huskies breed often make noise, they often bark and they loved to do howl.
- Akita is good at indoors whereas are Husky is not suitable for indoors.
Comparison Between Akita and Husky
|Height||Male- 26 to 28 inches tall|
Female-24 to 26 inches tall
|Male- 21 to 24 inches tall|
Female – 20 to 22 inches tall
|Weight||Male- 100 to 130 pounds heavy|
Female- 70 to 100 pounds heavy
|Male- 45 to 60 pounds heavy|
Female- 35 to 60 pounds heavy
|Life span||It’s between 10 -14 years.||It’s between 12- 15 years.|
|Colour||Black, Brown brindle, fawn brindle, white, brown, black overlay, and silver||White, black, grey and white, sable and white, black and white, grey, black and tan, red and white.|
|Training||Due to their high intelligence, they are not that hard to train.||Due to their average intelligence, they are hard to train.|