Table of Contents
What is Akita?
The Akita is a Japanese dog breed that originated in the northern part of the country. Akita dogs are a Japanese breed that originated in the United States. This is a Spitz dog breed with a huge physical structure and a friendly personality. They are dominant and independent animals with a formidable physical build. Males are massive, measuring between 66 and 71 centimeters tall at the withers. Males’ weights are between 45 and 66 kilograms.
Females are slightly smaller than males, standing 61-66 cm tall and weighing 36-54 kilograms. They have a double coat that might be white, black, white, pinto, or any other color pattern. Another distinguishing feature is the head shape: an American Akita has a bear-like appearance. The American Akita, on the other hand, is frequently used as a guard dog rather than a companion dog. It should be in their nature to safeguard the property.
What is Akita Inu?
The Akita Inu is a Japanese breed of Akita Spitz dogs that originated in the country. Their progenitors were the Matai dog, a remarkable hunting dog that could hunt a variety of species, including large creatures like deer and bears. This demonstrates the Akita Inu puppies’ exceptional agility and abilities. Their speed is matched by longer forelegs than the American kind.
The Akita Inu is a lighter and smaller breed than the American Akita. The chest does not protrude from the body as much as it does in the American strain. The head of an Akita Inu is much like that of a fox, with oval-shaped eyes. Because just a few patterns are found in the Akita Inu breed, coloration patterns are closely scrutinized. Instead of being a guard dog, the Japanese Akita has evolved into a companion dog. Because it is in their nature to guard the home, they will continue to do so.
Difference Between Akita and Akita Inu
- A Japanese Akita (Inu) has significantly larger eyes, however, this is also due to the shape of the head and the resulting facial composition. The eyes of the American Akita, on the other hand, are set further back inside the larger-framed skull of the Japanese Akita, making them appear smaller (Inu).
- The upward curving tail of the Japanese Akita (Inu) drapes from the dog’s lower back. The American Akita, on the other hand, has a straight tail that is either down-facing when it is resting or stretched straight behind it when it is agitated during a hunt or other high-alert situation.
- The Japanese Akita has finer bones and a looser muscle tone (Inu).The American Akita, on the other hand, has denser bones and a more toned appearance.
- The Japanese Akita (Inu) has a head shape that is more akin to that of a fox. The head shape of the American Akita, on the other hand, is more akin to that of a bear.
- According to the breed standard, the American Akitas official colors are black, brown brindle, fawn, red, and white. On the other hand, Akita Inus come in only three colors: brindle, white, and red.
Comparison Between Akita and Akita Inu
|Parameters of Comparison||Akita||Akita Inu|
|Height||The average male Akita is between 26 and 28 inches tall, while female Akitas stand between 24 and 26 inches tall.||Female Akita Inus stand between 24 and 26 inches tall, while male Akita Inus stand between 26 and 28 inches tall.|
|Weight||Male Akitas in the United States weigh between 100 and 130 pounds, while Female Akitas in the United States weigh between 70 and 100 pounds.||Akita Inus, on the other hand, are significantly smaller, weighing somewhere between 75 and 120 pounds, while Japanese Akita Inus are a little heavier (between 74 to 110 pounds).|
|Body Shape||The Akita is a strong dog with a stocky build.||While the Akita Inu is muscular, it has a more distinct abdominal tuck that gives it a sleeker appearance.|
|Color||According to the breed standard, the American Akita’s official colours are black, brown brindle, fawn, red, and white.||On the other hand, Akita inus come in only three colours: brindle, white, and red.|
|Eyes||The eyes of an Akita are tiny and deep set.||Whereas an Akita Inu has almond-shaped eyes, similar to a Husky.|