Table of Contents
What are Glass Bongs?
Glass bongs are made up of glass, due to which it owns a matt finish and a beautiful look, but at the same time it becomes very fragile as well as expensive. These are not so good to travel with, as they are less durable.
They are impossible to fix if it gets damaged. These are some downside of glass bongs, but there are some plus points. Glass bongs provides much more smoother smoke, which is very pleasing for the smokers.
Glass bongs are also easy to clean, as it does not react with smoke. These bongs due to neutral nature, does not affect the taste of weed. And they also does not produce harmful fumes on heating.
Glass bongs have a thick body structure and also does not get hot too much, which makes it more reliable. And due to the clean transparent body, a person can see through and change the water when needed. It is also easy to seal the glass bongs.
What are Acrylic Bongs?
Acrylic bongs are basically made using the plastic. They are more popular among people who can’t buy the glass ones. Its popularity also has some more reasons.
As acrylic bongs are very durable, and does not get damaged easily. If it gets damaged, it can easily be fixed. You can even pack it in your luggage and carry with you. So it is also good for travelling.
Acrylic bongs comes in various colours, designs which make them look attractive. Some of them also have metal base and filtration bowl. But it is also believed that, metal changes the taste of weed along with plastic.
On the downside, acrylic bongs are not good as glass bongs. It is difficult to pull in acrylic bongs, sometimes smoker has to milk very hard, which is not good for lungs. As its reactive properties, smoke also settles down on surface and it is not easy to clean this bongs.
Also the acrylic surface has a lot of drag, which causes the wastage of weed by inefficient burning of weed. It also gives an inferior medium for smoking.
Difference Between Glass and Acrylic Bongs
- Glass bongs are very expensive, whereas acrylic bongs are cheaper.
- Glass bongs are made up of glass, whereas acrylic bongs are made up of plastic.
- Glass bongs are very fragile and less durable. On the other hand, acrylic bongs are sturdier, and are very durable.
- Damage to acrylic bongs can be fixed easily but damage to glass bongs can not be repaired.
- Glass bongs are easy to clean but cleaning of acrylic bongs is not very convenient.
- Acrylic bongs are believed to change the taste of weed, which does not happen with glass bongs.
- Acrylic bongs produces harmful gases during burning of weeds, but glass bongs are safe to use.
- Acrylic bongs are easy to carry with luggage during travel. On the other hand, you can’t carry glass bongs.
- Glass bongs provide smoother smoke than acrylic bongs.
- Due to transparency, Glass bongs helps in having a look on water inside.
- Glass bongs have a very beautiful look and finish, which is not in acrylic bongs.
Comparison Between Glass Bongs and Acrylic Bongs
|Parameters of comparison
|Glass bongs have a higher price.
|Acrylic bongs are relatively less expensive.
|These are made of glass.
|Acrylic bongs are made up of plastic
|Glass bongs are less durable.
|Acrylic bongs are more durable.
|As these are less durable, that’s why its risky to travel with glass bongs.
|Acrylic bongs are very tough, they are easy to carry during journeys.
|Effect on weed
|As heat transferred to bong, it does not react with weed or water.
|As we heat weed in acrylic bong, it starts reacting with water and weed, which changes its taste.
|They are easy to clean.
|They are not easy to clean.