Table of Contents
What is Abu Dhabi?
Abu Dhabi is one of the seven Emirates of United Arab Emirates. It is also the capital of the country. The city is spread over an area of 67,340 square kilometers of area. It covers almost 87 per cent of the UAE.
Abu Dhabi is not influenced by western norms and traditions. This makes the city life here quite peaceful. Hence, the emirate is better for residential purposes. Abu Dhabi is an important emirate politically as it is the capital of the UAE.
The net income of Abu Dhabi is very high because of oil fields. These oil fields export fuel to other countries. The laws and legal actions are very strict in Abu Dhabi. There are strict punishments for law breaks.
The city has beautiful parks, wider roads and peaceful nightlife. The climate of Abu Dhabi is very high. Most of the area is desert. So, sandstorms are very common here. During July-September temperature is at its peak, and the city experiences one of the hottest days.
What is Dubai?
Dubai is one of the emirates of UAE. Dubai is spread over an area of 35 square kilometers. Dubai has a population of 2,921,000. For such a small area Dubai is overcrowded.
Almost 80 per cent of the total population of Dubai are workers who have migrated from other countries or emirates for work or jobs. Dubai is a hub of businesses. The result of such a large population is an increase in expenses.
Daily life Expenses like food and houses are very costly because of such a large population. There are many startups and well-settled businesses. Hence, the net income of Dubai is high.
The city life of Dubai is very posh.
Most of the tourists come here as there are many drool-worthy places to visit. The city has a lot of clubs, pubs and shopping malls. The nightlife here is awesome. Dubai has very well marketed itself. That’s the reason why Dubai is famous.
Dubai is just a 2 hours drive away from the capital of the United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi. There is not much temperature difference between Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Dubai, too, has a hot and humid climate. A lot of areas in Dubai is desert. So, sandstorms are very common. July to September is one of the hottest months of the year.
Difference Between Abu Dhabi and Dubai
- Abu Dhabi is spread over a total area of 67,340 square kilometers of area whereas, Dubai is spread over an area of 35 square kilometers of area.
- The city life of Abu Dhabi is quite peaceful and quiet in contrast to it Dubai is very posh.
- Abu Dhabi has less population than Dubai. Dubai is overcrowded for its small area.
- Dubai is highly influenced by western traditions and culture. On the other hand, Abu Dhabi is the opposite. Abu Dhabi still holds onto old traditions and culture.
- Dubai is overcrowded. Therefore, the expenses of basic needs are much more than in Abu Dhabi.
- Abu Dhabi being peaceful is preferable for residential purposes. Dubai is a hub of businesses. So, it has more job opportunities than Abu Dhabi.
- Abu Dhabi has a lot of Oil fields which brings a lot of income for the emirate. Hence, the net income of Abu Dhabi is more than Dubai.
Comparison Between Abu Dhabi and Dubai
|Parameters of Comparison
|Abu Dhabi is spread over an area of 67,340 square kilometers of area.
|Dubai is spread over area of 35 square kilometers of area.
|The city life of Abu Dhabi is very peaceful and quiet.
|The city life of Dubai is very posh.
|Abu Dhabi has a population of 1,512,000.
|Dubai has a population of 2,921,000.
|The culture of Abu Dhabi holds traditional beliefs.
|Dubai is highly influenced by western culture.
|Abu Dhabi has less expenses than Dubai.
|Dubai is over crowded for small area. So, expenses are quite high.
|Abu Dhabi is better of residential purposes.
|Dubai has more opportunities than Abu Dhabi
|The net income of Abu Dhabi is high because of oil fields.
|Dubai is hub for businesses .Hence, Net income is high but not more than Abu Dhabi.