Table of Contents
What is Abroad?
When someone leaves their own country and goes to another country, then it means they are going on abroad. The word abroad gets used most of the time as a role of the adverb in any sentence or paragraph. There are many syndromes abroad, like away from home.
In the pastime, the abroad word is known as the “on broad” word, now it gets changed with time, and in the 13th century, people started calling it the Abroad. Now it’s become the most common word which is used by people when someone is leaving their country, and traveling to another. The word gets used in many formal forms too.
If anyone wants to travel to other countries, they can easily take the help of airplanes to go on abroad. If the abroad country includes the sea part in it, and the only way of traveling is a ship, it means the person is going overseas; it’s also abroad, but with a sea.
Abroad is a place, which is not the birthplace of someone, like if someone is going to another country for study, that is mean the person is studying Abroad. The traveler needs a full verified passport to travel abroad and to leave abroad.
What is overseas?
Overseas is the same as Abroad but, here are different meanings of both. Overseas have two words in it over and seas. The seas mean big bodies of water, like any sea, or ocean, and when someone says overseas it means going overseas, or over some big amount of water, like going in Hawaii.
The Overseas word is an adverb. According to the old English Going over a sea means over the seas, and the word gets popular in the time of world wars, and after some time people start calling. The word is not getting much used now, It’s also not that much get used in any formal languages.
If someone is going to another country over a sea, then it means they are going to an abroad place, but there is a sea in it, so it will become an overseas place. Most of the time Ship is the only traveling vehicle to go on another country of Overseas, but it’s not compulsory.
When anything is going from a sea, like any product, the owner will use the overseas word for describing the placement; many people use this word, which does a work of transferring product from one place to another place with the help of the sea, like past century times.
Difference Between Abroad and Overseas
- When used as an adjective, Abroad mostly gets used after the word, which is described by Abroad, on the other side Overseas is always used before the noun.
- If someone is going in the country over a sea, so here the person used the overseas word, and if someone is going another country with the help of land traveling, so it means the person is going on an Abroad.
- Abroad can share the border with another country, but Overseas never share the border of two countries, because there is a sea between them.
- Another strange thing is all countries which is not the birthplace of someone is also known as Abroad, but not all country known as Overseas place if they don’t have a sea.
- The Abroad word gets used by many people when it comes to going to another country, and Overseas do not get much in use.
Comparison Between Abroad and Overseas
|Parameters of Comparison||Abroad||Overseas|
|Meaning of words||Going on a country, which is not beyond the water area.||Going on a country area, which comes after the sea.|
|Uses of words||When the word is defining something||Placed before any noun word.|
|Popularity bases||It’s get used in most of the sentences||It’s rarely get used in any formal writing|
|Mostly used vehicle for traveling||All vehicles can get used but not the ship||Ship is common vehicle for water traveling|
|Formal talking||Abroad used for formal talking||Not get used much for formal use|