Table of Contents
What is 883 Sportster?
Hardley Davidson manufactures a range of motorcycles known as the 883 Sportster. Hero Motor Corporation is responsible for distributing bikes in India, and hero and Hardley collaborated on a venture into the Indian marketplace. The Iron 883 is another name for the 883 Sportster. It is speculated that Harley changed the name of the motorcycle but did not aggressively refute the ‘Sportster’ label attached to it.
The 883 is a motorcycle that leans towards the high-end of the market. The 883 Sportster has a high purchase price for a motorbike, which is prohibitively expensive for the typical Indian. The 883 is a low-cost and simple method to obtain a Harley-Davidson motorcycle for personal use in the United States.
The 883 Sportster is marketed as a cruiser motorcycle. The bike has a total weight of 256 kg. The 883 Sportster’s engine displaces 883 cc, is quite powerful, and has six gears. The 883 produces its maximum torque at 3500 rpm.
The 883’s front suspension comprises telescopic forks and measures 39 mm in diameter. The rear suspension is a coil-over design with preload and rebound adjustment. It is equipped with disc brakes. Spoke wheels have been used on this vehicle. The 883 has a gasoline tank with a capacity of 12.5 litres. The 883 has a ground clearance of around 140mm. It has a significant amount of ground clearance.
Harley Davidson motorcycles are cruisers in design. Although the 883 is capable of off-road travel, it is not recommended for this purpose. However, due to the spoke wheels on the 883, some individuals choose to take it offroad. The Harley Davidson 883 is only moderately famous among Harley Davidson enthusiasts. Because of the high ground clearance, the 883 is suited for driving over uneven roads.
What is 1200 Sportster?
Harley Davidson manufactures a range of motorcycles known as the 1200 Sportster. The bike is also available in India because of Harley Davidson and Hero Motor Corp’s joint partnership. This particular 1200 is called a “1200 custom Sportster.” 1200 is a high-performance Harley-Davidson motorcycle. The price of the 1200 Sportster is exorbitant for a motorbike of its calibre, and it is prohibitively expensive for the average Indian but not for the average American.
1200 is marketed primarily as a cruiser, and it weighs a total of 268 kg. The 1200 Sportster’s engine has a displacement of 1202 cc and a lion’s roar in its midst. It has six gears, and 1200 produces its maximum torque at a speed of 4250 rpm.
The 1200’s front suspension is forks and measures 39 mm in diameter. The rear suspension consists of a single shock absorber. It is equipped with disc brakes. The wheels are made of aluminium alloy. The 883 has a gasoline tank with a capacity of 17 litres. 1200 has a ground clearance of around 105mm. It has a low ground clearance, which makes it difficult to manoeuvre.
1200 is a large city cruiser with a lot of power. Long on-road rides are possible with the 1200 model. 1200 is not intended to be used off-road, and the alloy wheels increase the difficulty of using 1200 off-road. The Harley-Davidson 1200 is a popular choice among Harley-Davidson enthusiasts because the reduced ground clearance is suitable for individuals who prefer to keep their feet on the ground.
Difference Between 883 and 1200 Sportster
- With an 883cc engine producing 3500mm of torque, the 883 Sportster is one of the most powerful bikes on the road today! Unlike the 1200 Sportster, which has a 1202cc engine that produces maximum torque at 4250 rpm, the 1200 Sportster is equipped with a transmission. Engine displacement and torque are vastly different between the two bikes, resulting in a significant performance disparity.
- It sports spoked wheels, like the 883 Sportster. On the other hand, those on the 1200 Sportster are equipped with aluminum wheels. Choosing the right wheels is essential for both long-term maintenance and the ability to travel off-road. Compared to the alloy wheels, the spoke wheels are more flexible and absorb more shock; however, the alloy wheels are more lightweight. The difference between alloy and spoke wheels is only noticeable in high-speed racing.
- There are no differences in wheel sizes between the 883 Sportster’s rear and front wheels, which are the same size. On the other hand, the front wheel of the 1200 Sportster is significantly larger in diameter than the rear wheel of the motorcycle.
- It is 140 mm ground clearance makes it simpler to ride on uneven roads or roads with potholes, and it boasts a more powerful engine. On the other hand, the ground clearance of 1200 is 105mm. Purchasers who prefer to feel the ride as they move will appreciate the reduced ground clearance.
- There is a 12.5-liter capacity in the 883’s gas tank. On the other hand, the fuel capacity of 1200 is 17 liters.
Comparison Between 883 and 1200 Sportster
|Parameter of Comparison||883 Sportster (iron)||1200 Sportster (custom)|
|Engine||The use of air cooling and evolution||The use of air cooling and evolution|
|Wheel size||Front- 406.4 millimetres at the rear||Front- 482.6 millimeters406.4 millimetres at the rear|
|Engine cc||1202 cubic centimetres||883 cubic centimetres|
|Ground clearance||140 millimetres||105 millimetres|